Hey everyone! First up Id like to say a bit thanks to all of my new watchers, and all the people who have taken the time to look at, favorite and comment my art. You guys keep me at it and I appreciate every one of you so much. To avoid being marked as spam I throw llamas at everyone in thanks, so If you received a llama from me, thats my way of saying thank you, and that I both notice and appreciate you. Ive found so many new and great upcoming artists around the place of late, you guys all do a great job and I love watching you all progress.
Ive been working away on a thankyou piece for
, the beautiful painting he did for me (featured previously) is off on a wondrous adventure being printed onto canvas!
Im working on a few things at the moment, not just limited to art. I was invited to join in on the Dryden experiment, and Im loving it so much. If you dont know what the Dryden Universe is then definitely check it out. Theres some great art and some wonderful literature to sink your teeth into, in this rich and vivid universe. You can visit the Dryden experiment here www.thedrydenexperiment.com
I do get a lot of notes asking me if I do commissions. As a rule I didnt simply because my time didnt permit me but Ive been convinced to start taking the time to. I had no idea where to start, so after speaking to a few artists I know I have come to the following:
I am happy to do portraiture paintings, in colour. Here is an example of something I did for a friend
Im happy to do these for $25
If youre after a sketch for repainting purposes, then we can discuss it just send me a note. But my sketches are messy, because the lines are there as guides for me for painting. I dont do clean lineart, quite frankly it takes more time for me to do a full lineart piece than it does for me to do a painting. If youre after that then youre far better going to someone who does more anime style art, those guys are really good at what they do!
This is more akin to how I roll with my lineart for comic purposes
As a turn around time for art Id appreciate being given 7 days from the time of purchase. Most of the time it will be done well before then, but Id like some leeway there (7 days) for if I happen to have three assignments due that week (Occasionally it happens) I have a paypal account and so thats the most effective form of payment. It protects you as a buyer in a way that no other mode of payment does.
By default your image will be uploaded to my 'commissions' gallery folder for you to download. Hi Res images can be provided to you upon request no problems. Once you have paid for the art, it is yours. You may use it in any way you see fit, share it anywhere you see fit - as long as you dont claim it as your own work (Im sure nobody would, but as an artist it would make me feel a bit sad to see someone do that)
1. Mature content is fine Im neither offended or bothered by it.
2. I dont do anthropomorphic pieces. Nothing you can pay me can buy out my dignity (but if you like that stuff good for you!)
3. Gore or horror themes are fine
4. Whether its a bust or a full body piece the price is the same, the work as far as Im concerned is the same.
5. For this I prefer to do concept style pieces with neutral backgrounds. If you want something else, it can be discussed but I may quote more.
6. In most circumstances I will not alter artwork after it is done. Ill absolutely not spend a week tweaking tiny things. Thats just crazy talk. If you ask me to move a strand of hair Ill kill a kitten.
7. Explain to me what you want, show me examples. The more descriptive the better and is welcomed. I enjoy hearing about your OC's.
8. If theres more than one character in your image, because of guideline 1 then I probably wont quote you more. If youre after two characters standing side by side as references then thats simply two pictures. Thats cheating. Youre cheating. Ill be onto you...
9. I dont do My Little Pony, sonic or anything else like that. Believe me, you wouldnt want me to anyway...
10. Im more than happy to do portraits of things like your SWTOR characters, WoW characters, your commander Shepards or anything else of the kind. If you ask me to do a LoL character Ill do it, but Ill giggle at you and tell you to play some halfway decent games
for these Ill need screenshots for reference.
11. Characters like Thane krios and Garrus Vakarian do not pertain to guideline 2. Dat voice...
12. There is no 12, now Im just making shit up!
13. Payment is upfront, and if for any reason the piece isnt finished within 7 days I will ask if you would like a refund, youre entitled to it (though I see no reason why this would happen)
14. I will not give refunds because you have changed your mind and Im halfway through a painting simply because you have already utilised my time.
I hope the above seems fair, its just as important to me that the buyer is happy and protected, as much as my time is. If you would like a commission, then by all means message me and we can discuss it. If I have a few commission pieces waiting that will hinder your 7 day turnaround then Ill notify you and tell you to hold off payment until I notify you